Ultimate baked potato with mushrooms, sour cream, bacon & chives
The simplicity of a great, golden baked potatois just a thing of beauty. Top it with pan-fried mushrooms and some of yourfavourite classic potato-topper ingredients for a killer dinner.
- 6 large floury potatoes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 30 ml butter (plus more for serving)
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- salt& pepper, to taste
- 250 g smoked streaky bacon
- 250 g sour cream, for serving
- a handful fresh chives, finely chopped, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Rub the oil with your hands to cover the potatoes all over. Bake for 1 hour or until fully cooked and golden brown.2. In the meantime, heat the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms until golden brown, seasoning with salt& pepper. Set aside.3. Prepare the bacon by frying the slices in a pan until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and cool slightly, then chop into small bits.4. When the potatoes are ready,slice them criss-cross on the top and press on the sides to push it open. Top with a knob of butter and season with salt & pepper, then top with a generous dollop of sour cream, fried mushrooms, bacon bits and fresh chives. Serve at once.