Mushroom, halloumi & yellow pepper skewers with mint salsa verde
Turn everyday veggie skewers into a feast with salty halloumi and a zesty green herb sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 20 g fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 20 g fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- grated rind & juice of a lemon
- salt & pepper
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, whole or halved
- 250 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 medium yellow peppers, sliced into squares
For the salsa verde:
Put the olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon rind & juice and some salt & pepper into a small blender. Blend to a smooth pulp. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.