Marinated mushroom, bocconcini, basil & prosciutto stacks
Marinated mushrooms make great party snacks. Transform them into elegant Mediterranean stacks with this easy recipe, or keep refrigerated and use them in salads or as needed.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried origanum
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- a generous handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 g portabellini mushrooms (halve the bigger ones)
- 250 g bocconcini balls, halved
- a small punnet fresh basil leaves
- 150 g thinly sliced prosciutto
Make the marinade: In a bowl, add the oil, vinegar, onion, sugar, origanum, chilli, parsley & salt. Mix well.Prepare the mushrooms: place the mushrooms in a large pot with just enough water to cover them. Bring to a simmer and cook for 7-10 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and place directly into the bowl with marinade. Stir to cover on all sides with the marinade, then cover and leave to cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.