Courgette spaghetti with creamy mushrooms, pork sausage & parmesan
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a comforting dinner on the table in less than 25 minutes. If using fresh pork sausage, cook it first to firm it up, then slice into rounds and pan-fry with the mushrooms.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 200 g smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250 ml cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- salt & pepper
- 350 g courgette spaghetti (strips of baby marrow)
In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the pork sausage until golden. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry until cooked.Add the cream and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, to reduce. Add the parmesan and season with salt & pepper.Add the courgette and stir to coat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute or just tender. Serve at once, scattered with more parmesan.