Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 large portabello or large field mushrooms
15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
½ clove garlic, crushed
salt and ground black pepper
2 crusty ciabatta rolls
hummus to serve
1½ cups of oven chips or potatoes
- Prepare oven chips, as per instruction, in the oven.
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow dish, add the oil, garlic and seasoning and toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms over hot barbecue coals or in a griddle pan for 8-10 minutes turning once until browned on both sides and tender when tested with a fork.
- Transfer to a plate, gill side down and leave for 5 minutes.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls under the grill. Fill with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and top with the mushrooms. Delicious served with hummus spooned over. Divide chips into
- two portions and serve.
Meal Energy (kJ) 1983
Protein (g) 12.5
Fat (g) 15.2
Saturated Fat (g) 2.34
Carbohydrate (g) 62.1
Fibre (g) 8.9
Click to go back to Lunch recipes