Mushroom and spinach lasagne
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
150g lasagne sheets
15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
100g spinach leaves
1 garlic clove, chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
200g can chopped tomatoes with basil
1 x200ml crème fraiche
50g mature cheddar cheese
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepperMethod
Click to go back to Weight loss recipes
- 1. In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook lasagne sheets, for approximately 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain thoroughly. Spread out on a tea towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan, add half the garlic and spinach leaves and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the leaves have wilted. Remove from the heat, season well and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are nicely browned. Stir in the remaining garlic and sizzle for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer over high heat for 2 minutes or until reduced. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Season the crème fraiche with the nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper, then mix well. Lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Place a layer of lasagne over the base, trimming it to fit. Top with half the mushroom mix, then more lasagne. Spoon a third of the crème fraiche over, scatter over half the spinach and a third of the cheese. Repeat these layers once more. Now place a final layer of lasagne on top, spread over the remaining crème fraiche and cheese.
- Place on a baking tray, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until the lasagne is tender and the top golden. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving in wedges with a salad.