Creamy mushroom penne
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
2 tsp olive oil
200g white button mushrooms, sliced
½ garlic clove, peeled and crushed
75ml dry white wine, optional
100ml crème fraîche
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsleyMethod
- Bring a large pan of boiling water to the boil. Add the penne and cook for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender.
- Whilst the pasta cooks make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes over a high heat until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, stirring.
- Add the white wine and cook briskly until nearly all the wine has evaporated. Add the crème fraîche then gently reheat until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the nutmeg and season to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the penne in a colander then return to the pan. Stir in the mushroom sauce and the cheese. Divide between plates then scatter over the parsley. Serve with more parmesan cheese if liked.
Meal Energy (kJ) 2476
Protein (g) 27.5
Fat (g) 13.6
Saturated Fat (g) 3.89
Carbohydrate (g) 77.9
Fibre (g) 6.9Click to go back to Weight loss recipes