Sesame mushroom stirfry
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 minsIngredients
10ml (2 tsp) oil (of choice), e.g. nut oil
½ onion, peeled and sliced
½ clove garlic, crushed
½ red pepper, de-seeded & sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
150g Portabella mushrooms, sliced
100g Oyster mushrooms torn into pieces
100g Brown button mushrooms, sliced
15 ml (2 tablespoons) soya sauce
2cm piece fresh root ginger
10ml (2 tsp) oil sesame oil
2 cup cooked egg free noodles
2 tablespoons toasted cashew nutsMethod
- Heat the oil in a wok. Fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes on a high heat.
- Add pepper and broccoli florets to the wok and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms into the wok and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the soya sauce into a small bowl. Grate the ginger and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Add the sesame oil and mix well. Pour into the wok and toss the vegetables to coat and continue to cook for no more than 2 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of egg-free noodles (1cup/plate) and toasted cashew nuts (1 tablespoon/plate).
Meal Energy (kJ) 1919
Protein (g) 16.9
Fat (g) 14.9
Saturated Fat (g) 2.59
Carbohydrate (g) 52.4
Fibre (g) 11.2Click to go back to Weight loss recipes